Price of coins inaccurate

Hello, I’ve noticed that the price for certain coins on coinranking is way too high! Bitcoin for example is 400€ over the price of coinbase atm. How are the prices calculated?
Thanks, A

1 Like

Hey, thanks for you question!

I just compared Coinranking to a bunch of other services and the prices are very much in line with them.

The moment you saw a 400€ difference, did you refresh both web pages, and was your internet connection active?

At what time did you see the difference?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for your reply! Yes my internet connection was active and I had the page refreshed. The price of bitcoin was shown as 9000€ when it really was about 8600€ 2 hours ago. I’ve noticed the value of my portfolio being shown too high for the last couple of days. Anyway, it seems to be fixed now.

1 Like

I am using the coinhodler page btw

1 Like

It could also be caused by high volatility of BTC on big exchanges in a very short amount of time. It happens a lot actually. The price average lags a little bit behind so semi large price differences can occur in such situations.

Furthermore, the price of BTC always differs on exchanges of course. But 400€ is a little bit too much I agree.

Please let me know when it happens again, with the right time, then I will investigate what happened.

Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it! :blush:

Hi, prices are up again, about 300€. See screenshot